As the Controller, you are responsible for preparing, developing and analysing financial and management accounting information and delivering high quality reports providing insights in the periodic financial and cashflow trends as well as insights in the key business drivers.
As the Controller, you are responsible for preparing, developing and analyzing financial and management accounting information and delivering high quality reports providing insights in the periodic financial and cashflow trends as well as insights in the key business drivers. Your activities include partnering with the business functions to support decision making, budgeting and forecasting, financial and cash flow planning and supervision of audits.
• Provide CFO with timely and accurate financial reports identifying results, cash position, financial forecasts and trend information via KPI’s enabling sound strategic and operational decisions
• Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, continuously improving and enforcing policies and procedures
• Guide budget meetings and prepare, in cooperation with the Functional leaders, the consolidated company budget by collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data aligned with the Functional timelines
• Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and calculations to support decision making for the various Functions like Product Development, Clinical, Operations, HR and Sales and Marketing
• Analyze and interpret current and past results to identify risks and opportunities
• Constructively challenges assumptions and goals
• Oversee relationships with Financial auditors
• Supervise and manages the financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants.
• Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders and board members
• You have a Masters’ degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
• You have 5– 7 years relevant experience (external audit and / or business control experience) in an international organization
• Public company and/or IPO experience preferred
• You have sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• You have the ability to support, challenge and complement the CFO
• You are a strong communicator in a global environment throughout all levels, translating financial objectives into implementable actions
• You operate with highest level of ethics and values with full trust of the CFO and the executive team
• You are confident, clear thinking, pragmatic attitude and modest personality with the stature to command respect internally and externally
• You have the ability to provide constructive challenges to strategic debates and balance the need for operational efficiency with innovation
• You are fluent in English, proficiency in Dutch and French language is highly preferred
• You are results-oriented, hands-on, and thrives well in an innovative, fast-paced and performance driven organization
Do you want to join our team as our new Controller? Then we'd love to hear about you!