You will work on the specification, design and realization of medical apps that will be part of our, partly implantable, spinal cord stimulation system. You will join an existing, energetic and fun SCRUM team.
You will work on the specification, design and realization of medical apps that will be part of our, partly implantable, spinal cord stimulation system. You will join an existing, energetic and fun SCRUM team (approximately 7 persons).
Potential topics are:
- Developing a medical Android App to program an innovative patient system to enable the patient to regain walking ability.
- Implement the UI together with our usability engineer/product designer.
- Setup and maintain Communicate between programmer and patient system, e.g. via Bluetooth low-energy.
- Interface with an EMG sensor system to get muscle activation feedback during test stimulation.
- You have at least 3 years experience in programming NATIVE Android apps for mobile devices and overall at least 7 years in the professional software industry.
- You will work in a highly motivated software team determined to deliver a high-quality app within time and budget.
- In addition to the team, you will interact with the other multi-disciplinary teams developing the other system parts.
- You will maintain a development environment for app development and in compliance with medical device necessities.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s in software engineering with substantial experience in software development for Android apps and are willing to take it to the next level in the medical field.
- You have a systems-thinking attitude, can identify areas of potential improvement and develop plans to address these.
- You are a high-energy, self-motivated, pro-active individual able to work in a diverse team within a startup company.
- You are experienced in using software development tooling and version management, for example Jira, Bitbucket and Jenkins.
- You are familiar with deployment apps to devices of various form factors (Tablet, Phone, Chromebooks).
- You are familiar with Unit and UI Testing, and frameworks such as Espresso, Cucumber.
- Appreciated: Experience in working according to IEC/EN-62304
- Appreciated: Experience with Bluetooth communication or if you have developed an app in relation to it before.
- Appreciated: Next to Android, experience in C# and Python.
- You are fluent in English. This is our company language.
- Mastering of French and/or Dutch language is appreciated.
- Experience with the Agile/SCRUM is appreciated.
Please provide your resume and a motivation letter
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Software Engineering
- Developing a medical Android App
- Programming NATIVE Android apps
- Start-up environment