Exciting opportunity at our International, Diverse, Telematics Company
Astrata Europe: We create software solutions that have the power to change the supply chain and logistics world. With strong foundations in geolocation, fleet management we are at the head of innovative telematics services. We ensure seamless integration of telematics with software solutions while connecting three strategic pillars: extracting data, adding intelligence, and providing information.
Our culture: We Commit: We have the ambition to deliver the best result possible. We Collaborate: We work together with our teammates, a prospect, a customer, or a partner towards a mutual goal. We Communicate: We share information when asked or when we think it has value. We have Respect: We treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves. We take people seriously. WeEngage: We are completely involved in- and connected to- our project, customer, prospect, and field in a proactive way.
Your challenge: To add value to our company. The impact of your work will be visible to you, your teammates, and our customers. To work in a closely-knit team, to be proactive, to be creative and innovative along with us and to be responsible for excellence. Can you deliver the goods?
Your successes: We are looking for a self-starting and driven Senior Accountant who can support the Finance department in ensuring full control of all the organizational processes that impact the transactions to our Financials.
You will do this through pro-actively liaising with other departments such as Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Engineering, and Operations, and of course the other members of the Finance team.
What are you responsible for:
· Accurate and timely monthly- and year end close,
· Compliance and external reporting requirements for the Astrata entities and the countries we operate in,
· Accurate account reconciliation and analysis,
· Ensuring compliance with European VAT guidelines and Dutch VAT law as we operate in multiple European countries,
· Company compliance to Tax regulations and requirements: you will be working with external Tax Consultants on CIT and Payroll Tax,
· Company compliance to Other regulations: The National Statistics Agencies in The Netherlands, Spain, France, and other European countries,
· Ensure correct Accounting and Compliance of processes outside your direct control which impact the transactions to General Ledger or (external) Reporting (e.g. Invoicing, Purchasing, Inventory, Logistics, Fixed Assets, Banks, Contracts, etc.),
· Plan, coordinate and execute the audit for our Dutch entities and any ad hoc audit in the European countries we operate in,
· Support the preparation of periodic management reporting,
· Coordinate and support the declaration and compliance for technical innovation subsidies and other governmental aid,
· Special projects and process improvements: ideas we have a plenty, but more or better ones are always welcome!
Your skills and experience
· At least HBO level/bachelor’s degree in finance or similar
· Experience in External Reporting (preparing Financial Statements in IFRS and Dutch GAAP, Taxes, etc.)
· 1-2 years of experience in a similar function is required, to hit the ground running,
· 3+ years of experience at an Audit firm is preferred,
· Proficient understanding of European VAT guidelines and Dutch VAT law,
· Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment,
· Proficient MS Excel skills,
· Fluent in English verbally and in writing at professional level,
· Dutch and other European languages is an advantage,
· Knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV is considered advantageous,
· ERP set-up knowledge and/or ERP migration experience is considered advantageous,
· Knowledge of database query tools and/or BI tools is considered advantageous,
· Knowledge of productivity tools like the MS Power tools and/or Fintech tools is considered advantageous.
Result oriented, hands-on, and flexible mentality, Team player, Excellent Communicator, Client focus, Accountability, Accuracy, Critical thinking, Innovation, Continuous learning mindset and taking initiative.
Remuneration: Competitive salary; will be based on your personal experience and skills. Vacation allowance of 8.5 % of your gross basic salary. 26 vacation days each calendar year and a commuter/travel allowance.
Do you want to join an exciting international software company? Then send your application to our HR team to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your motivation for this position and your CV.
Acquisition or solicitation by recruitment agencies is not desired.