SMART Photonics is looking for a Program / R&D Manager for 40 hours per week at High Tech Campus Eindhoven.
Job responsibilities and qualifications
In the current life-cycle of our company (scale-up, 58 employees) as a program/R&D manager, you have a broad role and you will;
• Monitoring of the multiple complex technical projects of SMART Photonics. You will guide the senior engineers in their projects and monitor the projects from initiation through delivery.
• You are responsible for the applications for subsidies (EU, WBSO, Innovation, government etc.). You will work intensely with the engineers to get the right technical information and translate this into an application. This will take around 40% of your worktime.
• Manage relationships and projects with internal and external stakeholders.
• Coordinate cross-functional project teams, focused on delivering the results. You have the overview and report the status and progress.
• Monitor strategic projects from initiation through delivery including planning, schedules and monitoring budget.
• Organize cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project is on schedule.
• In a dynamic environment as SMART Photonics is, it is necessary to continually proactively review the project plan with internal customer. Our project leaders always keep the project goal in mind so that we can achieve business results. Key words for this job are: leadership, systematic work, stakeholder analysis, risk management and progress measurement.
• Communicating project status, issues, and results via presentations, written reports, and conversations.
• Be responsible for the talent management, coaching, way of working and output of the R&D team (8 employees).
• Be responsible for the mentoring and nurturing the team and facilitating effective workflows.
• Resource management & allocation to all project & department activities.
• Establish project documentation and develop methods for standardization.
We are looking for a person who
• Successfully completed a relevant Master or PhD degree in Electronics, Physics, Optics, Chemistry or closely related field;
• Has experience in project and/or people management.
• Has experience in writing and applying for subsidies
• Knowledge of semiconductor fabrication technologies and product is a plus
• Knowledge of agile, lean product development and green/black belt is a plus
• Strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective decision-making
• Strong data analysis skills and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
• Strong inter-personal and leadership skills
• Ability to plan strategically as well as execute on tactical day-to-day activities
• Ability to effectively manage an urgent/crisis situation and drive a team to find quick solutions to critical problems
• Affinity with photonics and/or electronics would be an advantage.
• Has a natural independent drive to take responsibility/ownership to get the job done, stay focused and be pro-active.
• Likes lots of freedom to mold the job yourself. You have to be a selfstarter.
• Embodies cooperation and co-creation. These are key to our success.
What we offer you
• To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro electronics was in de ‘70s.
• To develop with us SMART Photonics into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
• A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
• A talented group of passionate people working in an open culture in multidisciplinary teams.
• A competitive set of employment terms.
• Not a single boring working day.
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to: email@example.com attn. Yvonne Stas, HR manager. We are looking forward to your response!
See also our website www.smartphotonics.com for more information about the company;