In the current life-cycle of our company (scale-up, 65 employees) as a program/R&D manager, you have a broad role and you will;
- Monitoring of the multiple complex technical R&D projects of SMART Photonics. Not only internal projects but also projects that are part of bigger consortia (e.g subsidized projects from EU, WBSO, Innovation, government etc.). You will guide the senior engineers in their projects and monitor the projects from initiation through delivery.
- You will work intensely with the engineers to get the right technical information to manage relationships and projects with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor strategic projects from initiation through delivery including planning, schedules and monitoring budget.
- Coordinate cross-functional project teams and activities, focused on delivering the results. You have the overview and report the status and progress. You ensure completion of the project is on schedule.
- Communicating project status, issues, and results via presentations, written reports, and conversations.
- In a dynamic environment as SMART Photonics is, it is necessary to continually proactively review the project plan internally and externally. Not afraid to adjust project scope if required and celebrate successes.
- Be responsible for the people management, coaching, way of working and output of the R&D engineers.
- Work closely together with the R&D, Engineering and Operations teams.
- Be responsible for the mentoring and nurturing the team and facilitating effective and efficient workflows.
- Be responsible for the resource management and allocation to all project & department activities.
- Establish project documentation and develop methods for standardization.
- Key words for this job are: leadership, systematic work, stakeholder analysis, risk management, expectation management and progress measurement.
We are looking for a person who
- Successfully completed a relevant Master and preferably a PhD degree in Electronics, Physics, Optics, Chemistry or closely related field.
- Embodies cooperation and co-creation. These are key to our success.
- Has experience in project and people management.
- Knowledge of semiconductor fabrication technologies and product is a must.
- Knowledge of agile, lean product development and green/black belt is a plus.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective decision-making
- Strong data analysis skills and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
- Strong inter-personal and leadership skills
- Ability to plan strategically as well as execute on tactical day-to-day activities
- Ability to effectively manage an urgent/crisis situation and drive a team to find quick solutions to critical problems
- Affinity with photonics is an advantage.
- Has a natural independent drive to take responsibility/ownership to get the job done, stay focused and be pro-active.
What we offer you
- To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro electronics was in de ‘70s.
- Not a single boring working day.
- To develop with us SMART Photonics into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
- A talented group of passionate people working in an open, informal culture in multidisciplinary teams.
- A competitive set of employment terms.
- Located on the bustling High Tech Campus, in the Brainport Region
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to: email@example.com attn. Yvonne Stas, HR manager. If you have questions, please contact Luc Augustin, CTO, 040-3046433. We are looking forward to your response!