We are looking for an experienced Android Software Engineer to join our professional and fun App development team.
What you will do
You will be developing end-user facing software, such as Apps, allowing end-users to create therapy programs and perform exercises. This software interfaces with the system using BLE (Bluetooth Low-energy). Experience with using BLE is strongly preferred.
You will work together with our multidisciplinary engineering team in making and documenting design choices. You will work together with our usability engineer/product designer to realize the UI.
Our Apps feature a high standard of reliability and UX and the team follows a SCRUM-process with 2-week cycles and give demos and create new releases periodically.
What we are looking for
- You have a bachelor or master’s in software engineering with proven substantial experience in App Development, specifically Android (Java)
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in programming apps for mobile devices. Preferably also Android Tablet Apps and Android Wear
- You are familiar with wireless communication protocols like Bluetooth low-energy (BLE) and reliability challenges that come with these protocols
- You are familiar with development frameworks such as RxJava and Dagger.
- You are familiar with how a professional CI/CD setup looks like, including the use of automated testing (Unit and UI testing: Espresso and Cucumber) and Jenkins.
- Next to Android Development, we are developing support Apps for Windows in .NET. Experience and affinity with .NET development is a pre.
- You’re comfortable coding in Kotlin, and understand Java
- Preferably are familiar with releasing Apps through Google Play and with data acquisition or data analytics in the cloud
- You are an energetic, hands-on individual and enjoy working in an international, cross-functional environment within a young and growing company;
- You communicate fluently in English as this is our company language; proficiency in Dutch is highly appreciated